There are many who think that God only loves those that fulfill a set of guidelines, or a certain chosen group, or devotees of a particular religion.
So, who does God love?
Speaking to a group of similarly segregation-minded Jews during his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus exclaimed:
43. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.
44. But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45. so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.
46. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47. And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
48. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Why would God demand something of us that God then does not do?
God does love that way.
Because God is perfect, God loves perfectly. Don’t let others deny you the Love of God.
God loves you, perfectly.